Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gold Award project

Hello Scouts, Parents, and Troop and Pack Leaders,

My name is Kristal Brown and I just overboarded (graduated 2008) Senior Girl Scout. I am writing to the Boy Scouts to ask them to help me take my Gold Award (Eagle Rank for Girl Scouts) Project to a new level. My Gold Award Project was to raise money to purchase special designed oxygen masks for pets and donate them to the local fire stations of the Los Angeles City Fire Department. There are 106 city fire stations that need the masks. I was able to raise enough money to purchase 50 masks.

Now technically my Gold Award Project is officially over, but I want to see it all the way through and exceed my Gold Award Goal and raise the remaining money for the other 53 masks. I don't know of any Gold Award Project that went beyond the Gold Award requirements, but it's a project I feel strongly about.


I hope this will help me reach my new goal of providing all city fire stations with the pet oxygen masks.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at kristalsgoldaward@yahoo.com

Yours in Scouting,

Kristal Brown

No comments: