Monday, February 7, 2011

Merit badge midway thanks

Dear MB Midway Counselors, Staff and Volunteers,

On behalf of the Balboa Oaks District Committee, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your efforts and the support you gave in making this last MB Midway one of the most successful and best run Midways we have had. Thank you for your willingness to volunteer your time and personal resources to this event. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedules to so thoroughly prepare your subject matter material. Thank you for the patience shown to the Scouts and their leaders and/or parents through the preregistration process and again on Saturday. Thank you to the terrific Snack-O-Ree staff, and in particular Julie and Sheila, who kept our cravings and appetites fed. And thank you for the kind patience and support you have shown to me throughout this entire event.

From what I could tell through the registration process and while visiting the classrooms, we were at near capacity. We had Scouts from throughout the Council, from the neighboring Councils and from as far away as Riverside attend this Midway. I will try to have a final tally for you in the coming days. To that end, I will send all instructors another email asking for additional information.

Many of you have heard directly from leaders and parents, thanking you for your good work. During the Midway, I took the opportunity to visit all of the classes and speak with every adult leader and/or parent that I passed in the hallways, in the foyers, and in the recreation hall. I received high praise for our work effort from 95% of those I came in contact with. The other 5% still gave us good marks and made some very positive suggestions as to how we might improve our next Midway event.

I hope you felt good about your participation in this Midway and that you feel that your time was well spent. I hope you will want to do it again down the road sometime. I believe we were able to help a lot of young men on Saturday learn something new, interesting, fun, and something of value; I believe we have done a Good Turn and have given good service. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ralph Ward



I would like to also take a moment and express my great admiration and gratitude for all of you who took the time to make this event so great. I have heard nothing but praise for the way the event ran. I was amazed when I heard how many Scouts participated and how many merit badges were earned. It could not have happened without you. Also special thanks to Ralph Ward, Eric Miele and Michele Smith for leading and inspiring this great team. You all have made our Balboa Oaks District shine once again.

Paul Oliver

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to thanks all dedicate scout leaders and wonderful staffs. We have been attended this merit badge in the last two years. The leaders and staffs have been well prepared and given the scouts the best Merit Badge classes during their scout lives.
We came along way from Orange County Council but it well worth a trip to your District.
On behalf of all scouts, we thanks Balboa Oaks District from bottom of our hearts.