Thursday, October 15, 2009

10-Year-Old Autistic Boy Saves His Teacher's Life

Houston, TX -- A 10-year-old autistic boy in Texas is being hailed as a hero after he performed the Heimlich maneuver on his teacher while she was choking.

Sherri Lowe and 10-year-old Kyle Forbes were alone in class at Hyde Elementary. Lowe was eating an apple and began choking. Forbes says he learned the Heimlich Maneuver in Cub Scouts and knew immediately what to do.

"I was choking and he squeezed me like that twice." says Lowe "The first time it didn't work, so he goes, 'I got it, Mrs. Lowe.' And he does it again, exactly the right way and the apple came out."

Forbes says he learned the Heimlich Maneuver in Cub Scouts and knew immediately what to do.

Lowe calls him her hero, a title Kyle Forbes is happy to accept. "I mean that was the first time I've ever saved someone's life in an accident. That's the first time I've ever done it."

No comments: