Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thank you to all Stoney Point volunteers

I want to thank the Chatsworth Neighborhood Council, the Boy Scout units, REI, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and all our other sponsors that donated food, trash bags, rakes and gloves and our community volunteers who gave their time and energy in making this the best Stoney Point Clean-Up and a huge success.


It is people like you that make a difference in our communities, cities and nation by being committed to maintain our parks and recreational landmarks.

By donating your time, we have all come together as one to ensure that our future generations of children will be able to go to Stoney Point and see its majestic beauty.

This year we topped the attendance at 175 volunteers from near and far in our city.

I can only say wow!

As I looked at the crowd, I saw many returning faces, exemplifying our commitment to our environmental stewardship.

So to all of those that came out, did some great work, and had the spirit to help - I can only say thank you and see you next year.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me and I will respond ASAP.

With sincere affection,

Les Salay
Boy Scouts Of America
Venture Crew 921
scoutingus@aol.com

No comments: